National Day 2020 in Singapore is just around the corner on 9 August, and the locations for the firework displays have just been confirmed. Here, we cover where these fireworks shows are happening around the country - arranged according to region - along with their timings and any venue closures to take note of for NDP 2020.
Read on to find out more to watch the NDP 2020 fireworks in Singapore on National day!
- What time are the National Day 2020 fireworks happening? -
The NDP fireworks start at 8.20PM on 9 August 2020 after the pledge segment, and will last for about 5 minutes. We recommend that you prep yourself to watch the display 10 to 15 minutes earlier just so you don’t miss them by accident. If you’re already going to be watching the live telecast of the parade from home, you’re all set as there will probably be TV prompts.
If you’re heading down to watch them in person, you might want to camp at least an hour in advance in order to get a prime viewing spot.
- Where can I view the National Day 2020 fireworks from? -
The National Day 2020 fireworks are happening at 10 locations across the island, and you’ll be glad to know that many neighbourhoods in the heartlands are also on the list.
The firework displays are planned out such that they will be projected from 15 to 62 storeys up high, and visible even from neighbouring locations.
For example, residents of Clementi and Boon Lay will also get a glimpse of the spectacle happening at Jurong Lake Gardens from their homes - so there’s actually no need to head out. This is to prevent large crowds from gathering in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Here are the list of locations from which the NDP 2020 fireworks will be launched:
#4: Ang Mo Kio
#8: Jurong Lake Gardens
#9: Buona Vista
#10: Marina Reservoir
- Venue closures on National Day 2020 -
If you’re still keen on heading out to catch an eyeful of the brilliant pyrotechnics, do note that many locations that are usually open on National Day will be closed off from the public - especially the ones in town. Again, this is to prevent large congregations of people forming.
Do avoid this areas at the following timings so as to avoid making a wasted trip:
Bayfront Avenue Walkway connecting The Float @ Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer (4PM to 9PM)
- Bayfront Event Space (5PM to 9PM)
- Benjamin Sheares Bridge walkway (4PM to 9PM)
- Clifford Square (5PM to 9PM)
- Empress Place (7AM to 9PM)
- Esplanade Bridge walkway towards Nicoll Highway (5PM to 9PM)
- Esplanade Outdoor Theatre (5PM to 9PM)
- Esplanade Park (7AM to 9PM)
- Esplanade Roof Terrace (5PM to 9PM)
- Gardens by the Bay East (4PM to 9PM)
- Gardens by the Bay East Garden Carpark (4PM to 9PM)
- Gardens by the Bay Promenade (4PM to 9PM)
- Jubilee Bridge (5PM to 9PM)
- Jurong Lake Gardens North Carpark & South Carpark (11AM to 9PM)
- Lakeside Garden at Jurong Lake Gardens (11AM to 9PM)
- Lions Bridge (4PM to 9PM)
- Marina Barrage (4PM to 9PM)
- Marina Barrage Bridge (4PM to 9PM)
- Marina Barrage Carpark (4PM to 9PM)
- Merlion Jetty and Merlion Park (5PM to 9PM)
- One Fullerton Waterfront Promenade (5PM to 9PM)
- Satay by the Bay Carpark (4PM to 9PM)
- Sheares Avenue Walkway (4PM to 9PM)
- Singapore Flyer (4PM to 9PM)
- Singapore Flyer Carpark, Level 3 and above (All day)
- The Float @ Marina Bay Carpark (All day)
- The Helix Bridge (4PM to 9PM)
- The Lawn @ Marina Bay (5PM to 9PM)
- The Promontory and Waterfront Promenade (5PM to 9PM)
- Youth Olympic Park (4PM to 9PM)
Share this with a friend you want to catch the fireworks with!
Text by: GirlStyle SG