Neha Kakkar Reveals Secret Behind Her Clear & Flawless Skin
Did you know Neha Kakkar struggled with adult acne for quite some time? Yes, the loveable playback singer who recently got married to beau Rohanpreet Singh spoke about her struggles with breakouts and skincare mistakes that worsened her issue.
Luckily, she soon realised what she was doing wrong to her skin and made changes in her skincare habit and lifestyle. These slight changes drastically improved the condition of her skin. If you are experiencing something similar and wish to achieve glowing skin like Neha's, here are a few tips from the celebrity that you should follow:
In a video shared by the singer, she revealed that she didn't drink enough water which led to multiple skin problems like dull skin and acne. Drinking water is the most natural way to get rid of acne. as it flushes out toxins from the body. The moment she increased her water intake, her skin felt cleaner and the glow returned too. To stay hydrated, it is necessary to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day.
Use non-comedogenic products
A skincare blunder that worsened Neha's acne was applying a wrong moisturiser on her skin. If you have oily & acne-prone skin, it is important to use a lightweight and non-comedogenic moisturiser that doesn't clog your pores or make your skin feel greasy. Look out for products that are gentle, i.e free from alcohol, fragrance and other harsh ingredients that may damage your skin.
If your acne doesn't go away, it is best to consult a dermatologist to get to the root of the problem. Meanwhile, here are a few other skincare tips women with acne-prone skin can include in their regimen:
- Remove makeup before you hit the bed: Going to bed with your makeup on clog your pores and cause skin irritations.
- Avoid touching your face: Touching and picking your facial skin unnecessarily can transfer dirt from your hands onto your face. Don't forget to wash your hands and touch your face only when you have to apply skincare products.
- Keep your scalp and hair clean: Oil and product build-up can get transferred to your face along with sweat, this may clog the pores and lead to breakouts.
- Get regular chemical peels or cleanups: These procedures help in getting rid of blackheads, whiteheads and other skin impurities that result in acne.
- Avoid fried & sugary foods: Eating sugar and refined carbs increase blood sugar levels, which can aggravate acne.
- Opt for a gentle exfoliator: Use a gentle exfoliating formula to get rid of dead skin cells and blackheads. Avoid using a scrub on active acne as it may worsen your condition.
- Wash your pillow covers regularly: Pillow covers collect a lot of dirt from your hair and transfer it to your face, therefore it is necessary to change pillow covers regularly.
- Use a salicylic based face wash: Salicylic acid helps in reducing inflammation and removes excess oil from the face.
Feature Image: Instagram
Text By: GirlStyle IN