Easy-To-Make Oreo Cookie Popcorn Snack That Only Requires 30 Minutes Cooking Time
This circuit breaker has turned us all into Masterchef. We can see how people are sharing their baked products online and trying something new in the kitchen every day. Or if we are not seen cooking or baking in our kitchen, we are probably out doing our grocery run.
However, there are still certain snacks that can't be found in Singapore and one of them is the highly-raved Cookie Pop Popcorn Oreo that is America's favourite stay-home movie treat. Why not try replicating your own Oreo popcorn since we're all cooped up at home?
Photo from @eatsnackpop via Instagram
Read on to view the full recipe!
Thankfully enough, there are recipes out there that teach us how to make your very own Oreo popcorn. One of them is from POPSUGAR Food that got everyone buzzing about the homemade Oreo popcorn. It's simple and fun to make, and only requires 30 minutes of cooking time.
Ingredients needed: (serves 4 to 6 pax)
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 2 cups of white chocolate
- 6 cups of melted air-popped popcorn (you can get this any supermarkets in Singapore)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make:
- Place Oreos in a blending machine and blend it until its fully crushed.
- Save 1/4 cup of the crushed Oreos on the side.
- Melt the white chocolate on a cooking pot over low heat.
- Mix the rest of the Oreo cookies into melted white chocolate and stir to combine.
- Next, place the popcorn in a large mixing bowl and pour the chocolate mixture on top of the popcorn. Ensure the mixture is evenly spread on the popcorn.
- Sprinkle salt onto the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreos onto the popcorn to give it a stronger and chocolatey taste.
- Let the popcorn cool for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Serve on a serving plate.
While you're here, check out these simple Oreo recipes that you can make with your family!
Share this post with a friend who needs to try out this recipe!
Text by: GirlStyle SG