Viral Video Shows How To Achieve Korean-Style Curtain Bangs With Just A Twist And 10 Quick Snips
We're fast approaching the end of 2021 and if you're looking to spruce up your appearance in preparation of the next year, why not try this trendy hairdo: Korean-style curtain bangs. For the uninitiated, curtain bangs are usually centre-parted, shorter on the inside, and get gradually longer, effectively framing both sides of your face.
Recently, a video that shows a hairdresser cutting curtain bangs with just 10 snips has made its rounds on Chinese social media platforms Douyin and 小红书 (Xiao Hong Shu). Dubbed the “十刀剪刘海” (cut your fringe with 10 snips) challenge, netizens tried this simple haircut technique and shared the end result.
Keep reading to find out more about this viral video that shows you how to achieve Korean-style curtain bangs!
Here's a step-by-step guide on this simple haircut technique.
Step 1: Section your hair into two parts.
Step 2: Take the front portion and twist it.
Step 3: Using a pair of hair thinning scissors, make 10 quick snips to the twist. These 10 snips should be quick and light, without cutting all the way through. Note that it is important that you use the right kind of scissors as this technique wouldn’t work with any other scissors.
Here's a look at the end result!
This haircut technique that took Chinese social media platforms by storm seemed to have gained favour among most netizens but there's a handful who unfortunately suffered from a hair mishap after their attempt. Do note that you are advised to make your own judgment when trying out this hair technique. GirlStyle Singapore will not be responsible for any hair mishaps.
Other hair-related articles you might be interested in:
- $38 Nett Scalp Treatment & Yukata Experience In Singapore Includes Free Hair Styling, Unlimited Drinks & Snacks
- This Japanese Latte-Inspired Shampoo Foams Up Like Milk & Makes Dry Hair Soft & Smooth
- Our Editor Swears By This Leave-In Argan Oil Hair Serum, Says It’s The Best She's Ever Tried
- Claw Clips Are The New Hair Accessory Trend, Here Are 6 Fashionable Ones You Can Get In Singapore
- 4 Korean Celebs With Face Framing Layered Haircuts Ranging From Long To Short
Share this article with your friends!
Text by: GirlStyle SG