L'OCCITANE’s Recycling Program Is Back, Get Free Beauty Items When You Trade In Empties From ANY Brand
It’s inevitable - human consumption of just about anything results in some form of waste, which in turn leads to pollution or harmful emissions. While we cannot possibly put a complete stop to our way of life, we can play our part in reducing unnecessary wastage by adopting more eco-friendly habits.
French bath and body brand L'OCCITANE is right on board with that, starting with the return of their Big Little Things campaign in Singapore, where you get to redeem free luxury products as a reward for trading in your empty beauty bottles and containers for recycling - thus giving you an added incentive to go green.
Photo from L'OCCITANE
The best part about L'OCCITANE’s Big Little Things program is that no purchases are required, and full-sized beauty empties from any brand will be accepted. In fact, packaging from selected wellness products such as scented candles are also accepted.
Of course, you can still bring in your empty travel-sized bottles for the L'OCCITANE team to recycle on your behalf, but these will not count towards your redemption of freebies. Also, before you march off to a store to claim your beauty freebies, make sure your empty bottles are properly washed and dried in order to avoid contaminating the rest of the pile.
Here’s a rough guideline of what’s accepted:
- Toiletries: Shower products, scrubs, hand wash
- Face care: All products excluding sheet mask, skincare capsules and cleansing pads
- Hair care: Shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, non-aerosol sprays
- Body care: body cream, hand cream, deodorant sticks
- Fragrances: EDTs. EDPs, roll-on perfume
- Home: Candles, Diffuser refills
- L’OCCITANE Eco-Refills from all ranges
Check out the full list of accepted items here.
Photo from L'OCCITANE
You’ll need to hand over at least 10 empties to earn enough stamps for a free tube of L'OCCITANE Shea Hand Cream. More empties recycled means you get items of greater value, including L'OCCITANE’s Almond Shower Oil (30 empties), Relaxing Pillow Mist (40 empties), Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam (70 empties), and so on!
Do note you can only bring in a maximum of 30 empties at a time, so you’ll have to redeem your stamps and various freebies tier by tier, rather than going from 0 to 100.
Another way you can earn stamps is by refusing paper bags when you shop at L’OCCITANE stores, where 1 bagless transaction would equate to 1 stamp earned.
Photo from Ketty Ooi via Facebook
If you’ve signed up for a MY L’OCCITANE membership, you can opt to redeem points instead of stamps. These membership points can also be used to redeem beauty gifts.
Participating L’OCCITANE boutiques are located at: ION Orchard, Northpoint City, Paragon, Plaza Singapura, Raffles City and VivoCity. Find out more about L'OCCITANE’s Big Little Things program here.
Stay on top of the latest beauty news and participate in exclusive giveaways by joining our Telegram channel now!
More beauty-related articles:
- hince: New Korean beauty brand with water lip tints, blush balm, coloured mascara
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in Strawberry: Specially created to celebrate BLACKPINK Jisoo's birthday
- Clean Folks Club: Local brand with handcrafted bar soaps that look like edible pastries
- Merythod Two Tone Lipstick: Trending K-beauty item for the perfect gradient lip