Make Your Own Lip Stain At Home ; Best Alternative To Lipsticks Due To The Face Masks
Lipsticks have taken a back seat since 2020, all thanks to the coronavirus lockdown and face masks. And even though we'll be wearing masks for the unforeseeable future, lipsticks are making their way back in the beauty game.
Ladies are opting to go matte so that lipstick stays in place for a long period of time, even after removing the mask. But let's get real, wearing matte lipstick is not the most practical option out there for a visit to the grocery store or staying indoors with your family. So what should you wear? We have got the perfect solution for your lips -a lip stain!
Lip stains are a perfect way to add a hint of color to your lips but also keep them moisturized throughout the day. But before you start your hunt to buy a lip stain, scroll on down to find out how you can get pouty lips with this homemade DIY lip stain. This lip stain is a perfect way to save some cash if you are on a budget and want to keep your lips moisturized without spending extra!
How to make DIY lip stain at home
This DIY lip tint will give us just the right flush of color while keeping your lips hydrated & moisturized all day long. Here's what you'd need from your kitchen shelf:
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon beeswax
- 1 pinch cocoa powder or any other herbal powder of your choice or add a small scoop of your favorite eyeshadow, blush, or lipstick.
Steps to make:
- Wait for the concoction to cool down before adding the pinch of color you like. You can add a small amount of lipstick to make it more pigmented.
- After heating it for 15 seconds, stir the melted ingredients.
- The next step is to microwave the mixture for around 15 seconds to melt or if you do not have a microwave, heat it on low in a small saucepan.
- To prepare your DIY lip stain, first, mix the coconut oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax until it forms a paste.
- Stir the mixture well and here you have your very own lip stain. Just apply this whenever you plan on running errands or when you wish to add a hint of color to your lips.
This is a great product to use during your impromptu scenes or for #NoMakeupMakeup looks to create a natural-glowy look. Just dab a little on your lips and cheeks & voila!
This homemade lip stain is an ideal way to add color and also keep away dryness and flakes, especially during winters.
Feature Image: The Singapore Women's Weekly
Text By: GirlStyle India