Amazing Benefits Of Desi Ghee For Healthy Hair & Skin
When it comes to beauty, nothing works as good as 'ghar ke nuske'. Whether its a remedy suggested by your bestie or a hack that your mother has been following for years, ladies always know that ever hair and skincare concern can be cured by our marvellous kitchen ingredients.
A product that is readily available in Indian households and all of you are surely familiar with is ghee and we can't even begin to elaborate its benefits for our skin and hair.
Ghee is a miraculous product for nourishing our face, scalp and skin. Before we dive into its beauty benefits, you must know that Ayurveda emphasises the importance of using ghee for treating skin rashes, bruises and broken bones. Be it chapped lips, rough heels, dry elbows or dry & dull skin, a teaspoon of ghee is the solution to all your woes.
Benefits of ghee for skin:
- One of the key ingredients in ghee is Vitamin E which is essential for dry skin. Regular use of ghee on your skin will not only help you tackle dryness but also heal the lifeless and flaky looking skin.
- Ghee is awesome to moisturise your skin. If used regularly, it seeps into your cells and repairs any damage to provide you that natural-looking glow.
- Ghee has anti-bacterial properties that can help in taking care of pigmentation and rashes. It can also help in tackling acne scar and pimples.
- Not a lot of people know this but ghee is the easiest way to take care of dark circles. All you need to do is apply ghee on your panda eyes every night for a few days and wash with lukewarm water the next morning.
- In winters, no amount of petroleum jelly and water can work for your chapped lips. Apply a thick coat of ghee on your lips as a mask at night and see the magic.
Glowing face mask for your skin with ghee:
Take one tablespoon ghee and blend it well with five tablespoons of raw milk. Keep blending until a paste is formed. Apply this pack all over face and neck until it dries down completely. Do this at least twice a week for best results. This easy and effective face mask will not only hydrate your skin but also protect it from the harsh dryness in winters.
Benefits of ghee for hair:
- One of the most important benefits of ghee is that it can naturally repair your scalp. Whether you have dry hair or an issue of excessive dandruff, massaging your scalp with ghee twice a week will help you out.
- Not just your scalp, but coating & massaging the ends of your hair with ghee can nourish your dead ends and restore your hair beating the dullness.
- If you leave ghee on your hair overnight and wash it the next morning, you will notice how you silky, soft and shiny your hair has become. Ghee acts a deep conditioner for your hair and protects your hair from any bacteria.
- Ghee is also amazing at promoting hair growth. A regular massage will help stimulate blood circulation and promote longer and thicker hair.
Hair mask with ghee for healthy hair:
Take one tablespoon of ghee and mix it with coconut oil and heat it for 15-20 seconds. You can add a few drops of lemon if you are suffering from excessive dandruff. Massage this mixture into your scalp for at least 10 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Feature Image: India.com
Text By: GirlStyle IN