Dry and chapped lips are not just a winter problem anymore! If you find yourself reaching out for that tube of lip balm frequently to keep your lips moist and hydrated, then we can feel you!
Dry, chapped lips are a common concern if they are not taken care of properly. They can result in flakiness, dryness, bleeding and also discolouration.
So if you are looking for an inexpensive and quick way to cure - constantly dry and flaky lips, the glycerine could be your saviour. It is considered to be one of the most effective ingredients in treating dry and chapped lips.
Here, take a look at some of the benefits of using glycerine on the lips and what is the right way to use it!
How to use glycerine on the lips-
- Take a cotton swab and dip it in glycerine
- Apply it generously all over the lips at night, before you go to bed
Make sure to repeat this process every night before going to bed to achieve soft, pink and healthy lips. If you are applying it during the day, leave it on your lips as a mask for at least 15-20 minutes and wash it off later.
Benefits of using glycerine-
- Makes lips softer: Apply a thin layer of glycerine of your lips every day, it will help nourish them to keep them soft & healthy.
2.Lightens natural lip colour: Pigmented lips may look unappealing, but this can be corrected with the use of glycerine. It will help revive the natural lip colour within a short span of time.
3. Prevents skin flakiness: Lip dryness can also result in further skin irritations; glycerine will not only keep your lips moisturised, but will also form a protective layer to prevent irritation caused by environmental factors.
4. Removes dead skin: Apart from making your lips soft & healthy, it also helps in removing dead skin cells.
Feature Image: Allure
Text By: GirlStyle IN