Depression: Causes, Symptoms & All You Need To Know
Depression is not just a feeling of sadness. It is a mental health condition that needs proper treatment. In India, many celebs have come forward and opened about it just to normalize the topic. People experience this illness in different ways. It can affect your work, your relationships and more.
- Sadness that is always there
- Sleeping problems
- Not willing to talk to people
- Thinking about suicide
Deepika, who herself fought battle with depression said, "As a person who has had a lived experience with mental illness, I cannot stress enough about the importance of reaching out. Talk.Communicate.Express.Seek help. Remember, You are not alone. We are in this together. And most importantly, there is Hope."
There can be various causes of depression:
- If you have a family history of depression then you have the increased risk of developing depression.
- People with the history of sleep disturbances, medical illness, chronic pain are at a higher risk.
- Life-changing events, unemployment can also be the cause of depression.
Talking therapies, medication, Light therapy, exercise and other alternative approaches might by prescribed to you. However, the most important thing is to consider depression an illness and to talk about it.
Feature Picture- Twitter
Text- GirlStyle IN