You'll Love This Homemade Cleansing Balm To Get Rid Of Makeup
Removing your makeup before hitting the bed is really important for you to keep your skin healthy and glowing. The wide range of products available in the market to help you get rid of the makeup from your skin is proof. However, some makeup formulas are extremely stubborn than others like, for example, take waterproof formulas. So, how do you make sure that you have a clean and makeup-free face?
Any guesses? By using a cleansing balm, that's how you go about it!
A cleansing balm will easily melt away all your makeup without leaving your skin feeling all dry and flaky. If you can't wait to try out this wonderful product amid the lockdown, then here's a simple DIY recipe to help you make your own cleansing balm at home.
Let's get started...
Steps to make a DIY cleansing balm:
Photo from Hello Glow
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- Half cup shea butter
- 5 drops of vanilla, tea tree or lavender essential oil (Optional)
Step 1: Add shea butter and coconut oil into a glass bowl and melt both the ingredients in the microwave for a few seconds.
Step 2: Once melted, add the desired essential oil into the bowl and mix the concoction gently to combine all the ingredients.
Step 3: Transfer the mixture into a glass jar or small container and store in the refrigerator until it solidifies.
How to use:
Photo from Sephora
- Take a small amount of the balm and warm up the product between your fingers.
- Apply it on your face and massage it in circular motions. You will now see your makeup melting.
- Take a wet tissue or a damp cloth to gently wipe your face. Now, continue with a mild cleanser.
There you have your own homemade easy-peasy cleansing balm.
Go ahead and try it. Thank us later!
Feature Image: Craftgawker, InstaNatural
Text By: GirlStyle IN