Homemade Hair Detox Mask For Healthy & Shiny Hair
Whether you believe in using a lot of hair care products or you don't, using even the most regular cleansing and conditioning products too can cause product build-up with time. When your scalp is covered with excess product build-up it may get flaky and itchy. This can also hamper the natural growth of your hair making it appear dull and boring. Cleansing with your regular shampoo won't be much of a help either.
Just like skin, your scalp too needs to be exfoliated to get rid of all the flakes and oil accumulated on it. A detoxifying and deep cleansing hair mask can help you get rid of this hair trouble as well as improve the health of your hair & scalp.
Below are the steps on how you should make your own DIY hair detox mask.
Photo from Reader's Digest
Things you need:
- 4 tablespoon of olive oil - Helps in reducing dryness in your hair
- 6-8 drops of coconut oil - Promotes hair growth & penetrates deep into hair follicles
- 2 tablespoon baking soda - Helps balance the pH level and acts as an exfoliator
- Few drops of any essential oil of your choice
- Half teaspoon cinnamon powder - Helps stimulate blood circulation in the scalp.
Steps to prepare:
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and use when required.
- Take a good amount of the mixture in your palms and massage your scalp & hair thoroughly using your fingers.
- Keep it on for 10-15 minutes before washing it off with shampoo & conditioner.
Feature Image: Ouidad
Text By: GirlStyle IN