Curly Hair Girls, Here's How You Can DIY A Curl Defining Cream At Home
Curly hair can be quite a task to handle. One day your curls will have an amazing shine and bounce to it and the very next day, it becomes dull and lifeless. Well, the common struggle with curly hair is that it lacks moisture and when your strands look all corpse-like, all it needs is some moisture to look healthy again. You can bring life back to your hair by using serums, masks or oils and if everything fails, use a curl defining cream.
While most of the women with curls do not feel the need for investing in a curl defining cream. One, because they don't feel it is important and secondly, due to a few options of products available. What if we told you there's a recipe to DIY your own curl defining cream at home? Oh yes, ladies! If you are interested, keep reading to find out how you can make it.
Photo from Pinterest
Things you need:
- 4 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 8 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Few drops of any essential oil for your choice
Step 1: Add the shea butter in a bowl and microwave it for a few seconds. Do not let the product melt completely.
Step 2: Now, add all the other ingredients one by one into the bowl and keep mixing it well using a stirrer so that all the ingredients blend together completely.
Step 3: Whip the concoction until it looks soft and fluffy.
Step 4: Scoop it out with a spoon and store the cream in an airtight container, preferably a mason jar.
Photo from Everything Pretty
How to use:
- Scoop some of the curl defining cream with your fingers or a spatula, rub it between your fingers and apply it on damp hair, scrunching in an upward motion. Make sure you don't use it on wet hair.
- Allow the curls to air dry for best results and watch out for the bouncy mane.
Feature Image: Instagram
Text By: GirlStyle IN