Local Business Upcycles Rare Vintage Designer Jewellery Into Modern New Pieces: LV, Chanel, Dior & More
As little girls, many of us dolled ourselves up with colourful costume jewellery. Now that we’ve stepped into our career woman shoes, we’ve since graduated to sleeker, finer pieces - some of us going for highly covetable designer jewellery, even. Aside from their classic designs that never seem to go out of style, such luxury pieces have a lasting quality which makes them something one can pass on as a family heirloom.
Singapore-based small business Etherealgift recognises the timelessness of these trinkets, and upcycles rare, vintage jewellery into one-of-a-kind modern pieces at wallet-friendly prices that you won’t find anywhere else. They also have demi-fine gem-set accessories and personalised items that are suitable for all budgets!
Read on to find out more about Etherealgift in Singapore!
Etherealgift’s vintage designer treasures are sourced from local and international resale boutiques and certified retailers. Expect popular high-end brands like Christian Dior, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent (YSL), Louis Vuitton, and more! Around 80% of these are pre-loved, but they’re all in great condition and go through thorough cleaning before being refashioned. The other 20% are in brand-new condition - either underutilised or completely unworn.
Charms made into earrings, bag accessories turned into chokers, and chain belts transformed into necklaces - creativity abounds with their upcycling projects. The luxury fixtures are usually paired with 925 sterling silver and/or tarnish-resistant mixed metals, which makes them suitable for daily wear and all skin types including sensitive skin.
Since each item is carefully and painstakingly reworked by hand, customisation is definitely possible - just let them know your preferences and they’ll work their magic. As for the ready-made pieces, they’re super limited in quantity due to the rarity of the vintage items used, so if there’s one you’re eyeing, make sure you grab it before it’s gone!
By giving these unwanted, pre-loved accessories a new lease of life, Etherealgift effectively helps reduce waste, which goes right in line with their eco-conscious philosophy. Best part? Prices are very affordable, starting from just $80. Compared to purchasing brand new luxury jewellery from fashion boutiques, you’ll be saving a 3-digit or even 4-digit sum!
Upcycled luxury jewellery aside, Etherealgift also offers demi-fine jewellery like rings, bracelets, and necklaces starting from just $60, embellished with sustainable, lab-grown cubic zirconia diamond stimulants that do not cost the earth. These are made using only the highest grade cubic zirconia for optimum sparkle and brilliance, thus effectively mimicking the appearance of an actual diamond - sans environmental damage caused by mining processes.
All their demi-fine jewellery comes with a 24-month guarantee and is tarnish-free and hypoallergenic. It’s also produced only in small batches so as to prioritise quality, maintain exclusivity, and avoid wastage in the form of excess stock.
Bling may not be everyone’s thing, so if you're seeking something more understated but equally unique, check out their name rings with elegant cursive text - the perfect present for your dear sister or bestie, or simply as a treat to yourself! They’re also a good option to consider if you’re thinking of putting together bridesmaid boxes for your squad as your big day approaches.
Speaking of personalised items, they also have customisable tumblers, coasters, multi-purpose trays and more from $7 per piece which will serve as wonderful gifts for your loved ones. Not only are these items aesthetically-pleasing, they’re also practical and functional. Matching “his” and “hers” mugs for your newlywed buddy’s housewarming party, anyone?
You don’t just have to limit yourself to name customisation; It’s also possible to get inspirational quotes printed on these items. Pick from shiny metallic sheens, or luxe marble finishes in a variety of colours including but not limited to pink, blue, black, and white. A wide range of 15 fonts and 8 text colours - including chrome gold or silver - are available for your choosing!
This post is brought to you by etherealgift.
Share this with a friend who loves accessories!
Text by: GirlStyle SG